Malarkey Roofing Contractors
We are Certified Malarkey Roofers.
About Malarkey Roofing Products
Malarkey Roofing Products® is a US manufacturer of residential and commercial roofing products, with a history of innovation and sustainability. Founded in 1956 by Herbert Malarkey as a family business, the company has grown to have production facilities in Oregon, California, and Oklahoma. Malarkey operates under a simple principle – build the shingles they want on their own homes.
Malarkey Roofing Products has been a pioneer in the roofing industry, introducing many industry-changing innovations over the years. Some of these include:
- The first polymer modified (SBS rubberized) shingles, which enhance the performance and durability of asphalt shingles.
- The first shingle manufacturer to use 3M™ Smog-Reducing Granules, which help clean the air of emission pollutants.
- The first shingle manufacturer to incorporate upcycled rubber and plastics into its asphalt formulation, reducing waste and improving environmental impact.
- The first shingle manufacturer to use 3M™ Copper Granules to receive the Scotchgard™ Protector designation for algae-resistant shingles.
- The first shingle manufacturer to obtain a patent for The Zone® larger nailing area, which improves installation ease and accuracy.
- The first shingle to meet 110 mph Miami Dade building code requirement for wind.
Malarkey Roofing Products is committed to providing high-quality, sustainable, and innovative roofing solutions for its customers. In 2022, Malarkey Roofing Products joined the Holcim family, a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions13. Together, they aim to unleash their next era of growth and excellence in the roofing industry.
The Malarkey Certification Program
At West Coast Roofing & Painting, we are proud to be a Malarkey Emerald Premium Contractor, which means we have earned the trust and recognition of one of the leading roofing manufacturers in the industry. Malarkey Roofing Products® is a family-owned, Portland-based company that produces high-quality, sustainable, and innovative roofing products that can withstand the harsh weather of the Pacific Northwest.
The Malarkey Certification Program is a partnership between Malarkey and qualified roofing contractors who are trained and experienced in installing Malarkey products. The program aims to provide homeowners with the best roofing solutions that meet their needs and expectations.
To become a Certified Malarkey Roofer, all contractors must meet the following criteria.
- Being licensed, bonded, and insured (if required by your state).
- Being in good standing with Better Business Bureau and Construction Contractors Board.
- Having at least 5 years of business experience.
- Completing the Malarkey “Steep Slope Roofing Excellence” training and passing the application tests.
- Conforming to local building codes and regulations.
- Demonstrating excellent safety standards as outlined by OSHA requirements.
How Does Being A Certified Malarkey Roofer Impact Our Work?
Portland weather can be brutal, which is why here at West Coast Roofing & Painting we only use the best materials to ensure that your roof is strong, secure, and free of leaks. We are committed to providing the best, honest roofing services that will withstand the elements. We are proud to be a Malarkey Certified Roofing Contractor, but what does that mean for our work?
By being a Malarkey certified contractor, we can offer you many benefits, such as:
- Access to the latest and most advanced roofing products from Malarkey, such as polymer modified (SBS rubberized) shingles, smog-reducing granules, and algae-resistant shingles.
- Ability to offer you enhanced and extended product warranties when installing Malarkey shingles and accessories as part of a complete Secure Choice™ roof system.
- Assurance that we have met the high standards of Malarkey in terms of quality, safety, and professionalism.
- Confidence that we have over 20 years of business experience, are licensed, bonded, and insured in Oregon, and are in good standing with Better Business Bureau and Construction Contractors Board.
- Commitment to providing you with honest, reliable, and excellent roofing services that will keep your family safe and dry.
Malarkey Roofing Warranties
Malarkey is synonymous with quality and longevity in the roofing industry, which is why we use their products. A large reason why we strongly recommend their shingles and accessory products is because their unbeatable Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all manufacturing defects, and wear and tear. This warranty is available to all individual homeowners and owners of other types of properties. Malarkey’s comprehensive warranty coverage can be customized to fit your needs with their add-on options:
- Right Start™ Period: a non-prorated warranty period that will help protect your investment.
- Enhanced Wind Warranty Option: an extra level of protection against the elements that is available on Malarkey product installations.
- Transferability: the ability to transfer the warranty of your Malarkey Roofing Products® and installation to a subsequent owner, during the Right Start™ period.
- Scotchgard™ Protection: is available on some shingles as part of Scotchgard™’s Algae Resistant Roof System, which protects your investment from staining and discoloration caused by algae growth for 20 years.
Trust in Excellence: Choose West Coast Roofing & Painting
Malarkey is more than just a name, it’s a way to do roofing right. When you hire West Coast Roofing & Painting for a job, you know that you’re in good hands. We have a certification, set of values, and a gleaming track record to show for it. We are proud to be a Certified Malarkey Roofing Contractor.
Tell Us About Your Project. Call us today at 503-477-7792 to find out how we can help put a better roof over your head.